First Year Course Content
- Fundamentals, Elements and Principle of Design.
- Colour Theory.
- 2D and 3D Compositions.
- Compositions in Interior Design.
- Lines, lettering, dimensions & scales.
- Orthogonal projections.
- Measured Drawing.
- Study of Interior space components, Walls, partitions & panels, Floors, Mezzanine floor, Ceilings & false / suspended ceilings, Openings – Doors & Window types, Stair and its types.
- Interior space Furnishings, Paints & Textures, Laminates, Claddings & Others: Through sessions on furnishings, paints and textures, etc.
- Anthropometrics & furniture standards.
- Planning with respect to physical, social & psychological needs.
- Understanding Design process.
- Conceptual Drawings & Mood Boards.
- Basics of Interior Architecture : Form and Structure
- Materials & Finishes – Interior applications.
- Insight on finishing material e.g. Textiles & Interiors (Market Surveys).
- Showroom and manufacturing unit visits – Material seminars – presentation by the students.
- Lighting & Electrical Layouts.
- Plumbing & Bathroom / Kitchen Fixtures.
- HVAC (Air conditioning).
- Residence Design / Restaurant Design / Office Design / Institute Design – Any two Space management, space planning, furniture layout, material applications, detailed technical drawing, budgeting as per material specification.
- Solving Space management issues of live project Many small- small assignments.
- AutoCad 2D-3D
- 3D Printing
- Sketchup with V-ray
Second year course content
- History of Art and Interior Design
- Landscape in Interior Design
- Basics in Architecture
- House keeping and Management
- Interior and Exterior Treatments
- Environment Control in interiors
- Advance Drafting for Interior Designers (Practical)
- Advance Interior Space Components & Furnishing (Practical)
- Advance Interior Space Planning (Practical)
- Building Materials & Construction – Part II (Theory)
- Building Services – Part II (Practical)
- Retail Design / Restaurant Design / Office Design / Institute Design – Any two Space management, space planning, furniture layout, material applications, detailed technical drawing, budgeting as per material specification.
- Revit Architecture
- 3DS Max
Third year course content
- Thesis Project
- Professional Practice & Estimation (Theory)
- Estimation & Specifications for Interior projects.
- Preparing Bill of Quantities.
- Project Detailing & Execution.
- Tenders and quotations.
- Indian Institute of Interior Designers- Rules and Regulations, Code of conduct.
Entrepreneurship Training & Placement Assistance
Last 1 month session to make them Industry ready
- How to Brand yourself – create your own logo and Website
- Projects Management
- Negotiation skills – Client Handling
- Portfolio Creation
- Basic Banking and Finance Functions
- Preparation client service agreement
- Basic legal – contracts and agreements, guarantee, warranty.
Workshops by eminent Designers in the City
Workshop Series ‘The Void’ in 2017-18
- Furniture Design using Biomimicry by Ar. Asad Firdosy
- Street Furniture Design by Ar. Stuti Vij Pincha
- Design Your Creative Business by Ar. RItika Kothari
- 3D Printing Week by TESLABS
- Woodwork Carpentry by Artist Lalit VIkamshi
- Pottery by Rashtriya Karigar Panchayat (National Artisan Jury)
- Emotional Design and Calligraphy by Artist Farheen Khan
- Origami Furniture Design by Sameer Heejib
- Cardboard Furniture Design by Ar. Jamila Sidhpurwala
- UI/UX Design by Shirish Kaner